Kirjoittaja Aihe: Where to buy Kerosene? Where to fly?  (Luettu 14680 kertaa)

Hubifan

• Vieras
Where to buy Kerosene? Where to fly?
« : 10 Lokakuu, 2011, 00:58:47 »
Recently I moved over to Finland from Germany. A couple of weeks ago I brought my Turbine Helicopter as well, it was stored in Germany up to now. I live in Paimio. Does anyone know where to buy Kerosene, not so far away, for the machine and does anyone flies as well a Turbine machine and lives in the Paimio/Turku/Salo area? Thanks in advance.

Poissa Sammy

• kumiukko.fi
  • Elävä Legenda
  • Kopterit.net #1
Vs: Where to buy Kerosene? Where to fly?
« Vastaus #1 : 10 Lokakuu, 2011, 12:12:34 »
I don't know where to buy small amount of kerosine, but maybe You should ask it from Shell Aviation at Turku Airport.

Aviation Refuelling
 Shell Aviation, (02) 415 4960, mobile 040-5684960, fax (02) 415 4762
 Mon-Fri 06.00 - 21.00 hrs LMT Sat 06.00 - 18.00 hrs Sun 08.00 - 21.00 hrs
 Avgas 100LL from card-op pump24H/Euroshell-card, Jet A-1 service

http://www.finavia.fi/airports/airport_turku?pg=1091739

Actually there is an old topic about kerosine. It's a finnish but let's try some Google translate: Kerosine topic
You can buy kerosine trom Turku Airport on Your own barrel.

I don't know Paimio so well, but I know that there is a lot of fields that could be used if You get permit from owner.
We have great flying fields at Masku and Paattinen.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 10 Lokakuu, 2011, 12:19:38 kirjoittanut Sammy »
DX7, Phoenix RC ja muutama kopteri   |  FIN5196
[R]    

Poissa ropellihattu

• Seniori torppari
« Vastaus #2 : 10 Lokakuu, 2011, 12:27:00 »
There are sandpits in Paimio just across the old highway No.1. Might be worth checking out, if you´re looking for a place to fly.
Nada

Poissa Kumppari

• Tavallinen torppari
« Vastaus #3 : 10 Lokakuu, 2011, 14:54:38 »
does it need to be kerosene? from what I understand about jets and their fuel (which is not much) lamp oil is practically the same stuff, and available from almost any supermarket.

Poissa elvis

• Pro torppari
  • Virtuaalista räpyttelyä bittitaivaalla
« Vastaus #4 : 10 Lokakuu, 2011, 15:24:20 »
Diesel fuels should work as well, they can be used at least in full size jet engines. However, automotive diesel fuels include some impurities, such as oil and paraffine, that might cause some problems. At least, use winter grade fuel in cold weather so the fuel won't clog the fuel lines.

Anyway, you should check the usability of different fuels from the particular engine manual or manufacturer. If only Jet-A1 is allowed, then I embarrassingly shut up..  :-X

does it need to be kerosene? from what I understand about jets and their fuel (which is not much) lamp oil is practically the same stuff, and available from almost any supermarket.
Ei oo helppoo olla Mikko Kuustonen, ei.
-elvis-

Hubifan

• Vieras
« Vastaus #5 : 11 Lokakuu, 2011, 13:30:13 »
Thanks to everybody for responding.

Yes, Petroleum would work as well, but I think the smell of an Jet engine is only true if you can smell the Kerosene (I am greasy, I know!). So this would be plan B if I cannot buy Kerosene.
The advice to try it at Turku Airport is worth to try it. Thanks for the contact details. So I will check that out if that works and when I have found a field or a club where I can fly which is in a reasonable distance of my home everything would be fine.

Cheers & Thanks again